Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, May 08, 2009

Happy little homemaker!

Wow! I couldn't even imagine how amazing and how expertly sewn my apron would be from Jennifer Conway for the Canadian Chickies' Mother-of-all-Aprons Swap!

Please let me tell you what I did when I opened the parcel. First I oohed and awwed a lot, and then I retrieved some lipstick (which I hardly ever wear), but I knew this apron needed to be worn with red lipstick, and high heals, of course. I always did love dress up and dramatics. VoilĂ , I'm practically June Cleaver here people!

Oh! and Jen tucked in a sweet retro dress pattern inspired card and an "eh!" rubber stamp for me as an extra surprise.

Jen, I will enjoy wearing this apron and appreciate all the time and effort you put into it each and every time that I do.
Thank you so much.
You really did make my day!

5 comments:

Raven's Rest Studio, Jennifer Conway said...

Oh, I'm so glad you like your apron! I can't believe it actually got there on time! Expertly sewn.....snicker, snicker...don't look at the seams too closely!! lol. It looks great on you! Did you pour yourself a glass of lime-aid?! Thanks for the great swap! *smiles* ~Jen

Sherry said...

I see I was right -- you DO look AMAZING in this apron!! I was thinking June Cleaver even before I read what you had written...the pink feather duster is a lovely touch!!

Maija said...

OMG- red lipstick and an apron- you are so funny!!!!

Laura ~all about Pretty! said...

Wow Dawn, you look so lovely!!! the June Cleaver look really suits you. The aprons are all fabulous, sorry I missed this swap. I'm just catching up on emails, had a bad fall so my Dr. wouldn't let me read, watch TV or go on the computer. On the mend now. Have some exciting news so I'll email you this weekend. God bless, Laura

Kim Mailhot said...

You look marvelous, Dahling ! The apron is perfect for homemaking adventures ! Love the stamp!!!!!!
Canadian chicks are great, eh ?