Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, September 15, 2008

Inspiration strikes


Inspiration.
Sometimes, it's a hard thing to find.
But I admit, it's much, much easier when you spend time in a book like this one. Look at the treasure that Arlene gave me the other day.
Van Gogh ~ The Complete Paintings. What an awesome book!
I spent ages looking through it with my piping hot cup of Passion Tea the other night.

And then yesterday, I painted what this Gladiola & Sunflower Faux Gogh acrylic painting. It will go up for sale at the Wild Blue Yonder Gift Show, hosted by the ever-lovely Bessie & Bea on October 24th & 25th.

I'm no Vincent, but it's fun to play with some of his techniques.

Next, I need to start thinking some inspiring ideas for my 12 Days of Christmas Swap contribution. Mail out day for that swap will be here before I know it. I also want to start painting on my chair THIS WEEK.

All this and looking for a new job ~ Methinks I need a 72 hour day!


2 comments:

arlene said...

I seriously had to look at your post three times. I kept looking for YOUR painting...I thought this was one by Vincent. Honestly woman, you are one talented painter! I LOVE this!!
It's beautiful!!

Runs With Scissors said...

wow, you painted that!,

*jaw on floor*

wow...