Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Cool present to show off

Just had to show off an awesome gift I was given this Christmas by someone who obviously knows me very well! It's a gorgeous box with Van Gogh's sunflowers. I think I actually squealed with delight when I ripped of the wrapping paper off this one! Inside I discovered four china mugs depicting four of Vincent's paintings: Irises, Vincent's Bedroom in Arles, Sunflowers and Langlois Bridge at Arles. Hopefully someday soon I can pull out these special cups to serve a piping hot cup of tea and crumpets to a friend or two or three. Maybe it'll be you. Happy New Year everyone!

6 comments:

Anne said...

Lucky you! Wishing you and yours a prosperous New Year! :-)

Karyn said...

A perfect gift, Dawn! someone loves you, to find something so meaningful!

Karyn said...

PS Love the fun new look!

Maija said...

That chair....those mugs...your friend definetly "gets" you!
oxox

Kel said...

So many treasures. I look forward to seeing your art in 2009.
Kel

Pretty Things said...

Love Van Gogh! Was fortunate enough to see one of the exhibits when it was traveling through Washington, DC.