Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Weddings and Tea


We had a tea for my niece, Thina,
at Leduc's Dr. Woods Museum, yesterday.


The museum's current feature is
Bridal Fashions Throughout the Years.

Isn't it unusual to have both
a wedding gown and bridesmaid's dress (this dress was amazing!)
still in perfect shape from 1959?
What a treat.

I loved this gown.
Circa 1920s

Intricately beautiful headpiece.

I couldn't help but wonder if there is fruitcake under the sepia icing.

I think these shoes would have fit me ~ they were so cute ~ I really wanted to try them on!

Simple, crisp, pretty.

This gown had an exquisite design on the dress ~
unfortunately it doesn't show up in the photo.

These two gowns were some of the oldest in the show
from the early1900s.

Discussing wedding fashions

Thina with a bottle of Mrs. Stewart's Bluing.
Her maiden name was Stewart, so she had to have her photo taken
with the likeness of her mother :)

Another pretty headpiece

What a splendid way to spend a Saturday afternoon.


2 comments:

Mishelflos Paper Creations said...

Hi Dawn,
isnt it funny how we all seem to be loving the 20's, 30's, 40's and 50's at the moment.

I live in England and we are all the same here, although the 60's and 70's seem to be making a come-back too.

Love Canada, never been, but one day I will. I have alot of family over there on my Fathers side (Mirams) They have said we can stay with them, but its time, oh never enough time and of course money:)

Dawn said...

Thanks for dropping by, Michelle. As you would love to visit Canada one day, I would love to visit the UK!