Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Okay, so writing a 50,000 word novel is one of the many things that has been occupying my time in November. Before November 1st, I didn't write an outline, didn't develop characters or anything. It was just me writing by the seat of my pants.

The novel is entitled The Bag Lady Stories. It is LOOSELY based on a newspaper article that I read some months back about a woman who had a fall from grace. She was once one of the British upper crust and she ended up in a Texas jail.

In my story, we find her living on the street; a bag lady, in the year 2020. A young reporter meets her and over the course of a year or so, she tells him her story. There's a twist ending of course, but to tell the truth, even though I hit 50,000 words, because of what was developing at the end, I probably could have come up with another 10K words.

However, this book was written only as a personal challenge of reaching 50K so I won't add any more.

And now I will concentrate on getting ready for a Christmas Craft Sale next weekend and decorating our home for Christmas. I shall post some fun Christmas-y stuff in the coming days!


No comments: