Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Peanut Brittle anyone?


The Christmas season is fast approaching, and I am trying to do some pre-seasonal baking.

For the past several Christmas seasons, I have made homemade peanut brittle. It is yummy and always disappears very quickly. Today I made peanut brittle and I had a confectionery disaster ~ almost.

I decided to make a quick and simple microwave version of the peanut brittle that I make. Everything was going splendidly until a breaker switch turned off all the power items in my kitchen before the time was up for the peanut brittle to be taken out of the microwave.

The thing about making good peanut brittle is that you have to work fast, especially when you add baking soda at the end. What is supposed to happen, is that the mixture gets all foamy and you pour it immediately onto a cookie sheet. Well I tried to work quickly, but I because of the breaker went off at precisely at the wrong time; my brittle didn't get foamy, and ultimately ~ well let's just say the brittle wasn't so brittle. It wasn't hard, it was gooey. Drat!

So, in the end, I formed little balls and created a new recipe which I call Peanut Brittle Balls.

1 comment:

Brittic said...

Yum! Improvised foods are always the best (: