Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, February 08, 2008

The Chair ~ Part 2


Earlier this week, Zachary and I ventured off down the road to L.A. (Leduc, Alberta) to work on Arlene's, er ... Zoot's chair once again. I do apologize for the quality of the photos here. They were taken with my little throw-in-the-purse digital.

I'm waiting to get better pictures from Arlene. But she's got a big issue with her computer at the moment ~ it crashed. Nasty! So, anyway now she is actively trying to find someone a computer geek to retrieve/save her data from her computer (including like two years of digital photos which she hasn't backed up and a special project that she and I have been working hard on in the past little while.

On Wednesday, I hope to head back to do another part of the chair before heading off to Langley to my sister's wedding next weekend.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Soooo cool, Dawn!

Ro Bruhn said...

Great work, Van Gogh would be proud.

arlene said...

The photos aren't great but the chair is FABULOUS!! It's the only thing that's keeping me from sinking into a sea of despair...
Zoot is the only one who is none too impressed. He refuses to sit on it. Maybe I'll get you to paint the rest of the furniture!

Did I mention how much I LOVE the chair, and how talented you are?

Maija said...

I am having so much fun watching this unfold!

Maryanne said...

Wow... I love it. What a great canvas to apply your creative touch. I'll be keeping tabs on your progress.

blessings said...

Very, very unique! I love it. I've never seen an upholstered chair painted, though I've painted lots of kids rockers. Have a great time at the wedding. Blessings... Polly

Caren McNee said...

Do you reckon I could fly you over here, and you'd could do up some of my furniture too? The chair is stunning!
:) Caren

Karyn said...

awesome! Great job, Dawn. Who else but you two would ever consider painting an upholstered chair?

Laume said...

Oh my stars, that's amazing! Well, literally stars, hehe, Starry Starry Night. I'd love to see this painting in person. I wonder where it's housed? I've seen other Van Gogh's up close and personal and the practically breathe they're so alive.

The Joyful Artist said...

Love LOve Love the chair Dawn.
You guys are doing a great job!

Cin

Timaree said...

Did your friend find her computer geek? It is quite often possible to retrieve all her stuff depending on what crashed and who looks at it. My brother-in-law repaired computers by replacing stuff whereas my husband oftentimes fixed the piece that was causing trouble without any loss of data. If she hasn't found her geek she could let me know what went wrong and I'll pass it to my husband (being in Arizona he can't work on it but might be able to tell her if it's salvageable). I'm at artfeltexpressions@yahoo.com