Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The weird things that pop into your head


Memories.
They show up unannounced.

Today for instance, I was thinking about my son's choir who has just arrived in England for a tour. That thought turned into a memory of when I was on tour during my college years. That thought took me to eating time, and I remember our group singing a silly song at the end of each meal that was provided for us.

It went like this:
(sung to the tune of "If you're happy and you know it")
We thank you for the food that we have et,
We thank you for the food that we have et.
It was yummy, yummy, yummy,
And so pleasing to the tummy ~
That's the reason for this little minuet.

This tulip picture doesn't have any relevance to this posting, but aren't they beautiful? And yes, they grew in our garden this year. Dare I say that spring has truly arrived?


4 comments:

Becca said...

Hi Dawn! You have a great blog! I love your bookmarks, they are so colorful. I look forward to seeing more of your art work! Thanks for leaving me a comment on my blog. I'll be back!

Kim Mailhot said...

Sweet minuet ! How funny our memories are. My Mom recited a Pushkin poem that she memoriezed when she was a little girl in Russian classes just over this past weekend. She marveled, as we all did, that she still remembers every word, about 55 years later.
What powers we have !
Happy Tuesday ! I hope you get something yummy in your tummy tonight !;)

arlene said...

Yummy new look. Love the header...and your tulips..? Marvelous!

Alina said...

Hi Dawn, dropping in for the first time, but certainly not the last ;) So true about wondering thoughts and the paths they take us through! Have a great day xx