With its soothing cinnamon seasoning, this fresh and flavorful apple punch is a must for Christmas time.
- 8 Servings
- Prep: 5 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 2 cinnamon sticks (about 3 inches each), broken
- 10 whole cloves
- 6 whole allspice or 2 whole nutmeg
- 2 quarts apple juice
- Additional cinnamon sticks, optional
- Place the cinnamon sticks, cloves and allspice on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up the corners and tie with string to form a bag. Place in a large saucepan with apple juice (or place loose spices in pan and strain before serving). Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove spice bag. Serve punch hot in mugs. Garnish with cinnamon sticks if desired.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 119 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
This punch is very delicious on a cold winter's night it creates a wonderful aroma in the house. Enjoy!