Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Struggling through


Have you ever noticed that with some pieces of ART, you have to struggle to finish a project? For whatever reason, sometimes the work fights back and refuses to be done. This doesn't look right; that doesn't work, blah, blah, blah. "Day on the Farm" has been one of those pieces that has fought back with me, but I'm happy (and relieved) to say that I am done, done, done! As you'll remember this is the painting that became my Whistler's Mother. Here is what the final portrait looks like.

2 comments:

Susan Tuttle said...

Hi Dawn,
I just adore all those kitties peaking in - great effect! I want to step into the artwork - so warm and inviting after such harsh winter weather.

Susan

Runs With Scissors said...

very cool, I love the colors and the book titles(soo funny.)
are you doing script frenzy this year?, I'm signed up and it looks really fun, and it's only 20000 words!.