Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, April 21, 2008

The sad, sad truth

Issued by Environment Canada : 5.00 AM MDT Monday 21 April 2008
Winter storm warning in effect.
Today
Day: Periods of snow. Amount 5 cm. Blowing snow giving poor visibility at times. Wind northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50. High minus 6. Night: Flurries. Blowing snow giving poor visibility at times this evening. Wind northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming light near midnight. Low minus 10.

Tuesday
Cloudy. 60 percent chance of flurries in the morning and afternoon. Wind northwest 30 km/h becoming light in the evening. High minus 4.

Wednesday
Sunny. Low minus 14. High minus 2.

Thursday
Sunny. Low minus 17. High zero.

Friday
A mix of sun and cloud. Low minus 8. High plus 5.

Normals for this time of year:
Max:
14°C
Min:
-1°C

Look at the photo I took a few minutes ago. The car's all nice and clear, it must not be too bad out there. Uh, no. I went to work this morning that's why it's cleared off. Can you see my sidewalk? Neither can I! According to the Edmonton Journal, this blizzard's the worst April storm to hit city in nearly 20 years. Don'tcha wish you lived here?
Today I shall stay put and maybe do some Spring Cleaning. Now that's an ironic thought, eh?

3 comments:

Maija said...

Unbelievable! We will probably get into the triple digits today!

arlene said...

What a day to come home to. This weather kind of suits my mood. I'm glad I can run away from it in a few days. I am looking forward to some California sun to warm up my heart.

Kelli said...

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about your April snowstorm! I hope it melts quickly!
~Kelli