For Inspire Me Thursday this week, the challenge was to use all five of your senses in the creative process.
At first I thought that this was going to be a difficult exercise. But it was a good one in the end because it got me to think about the sensory aspect of creating a piece of art.
WHAT I DID (& what senses were used):
- took Irish Spring soap out of its box (smell)
- here I could have used the sense of taste, but didn't
- flattened it (touch)
- scribbled with my favourite medium ~ waxed crayons (smell)
- used acrylic paint as a wash over box (see)
- sandpapered parts of box (hear)
- then used felt marker to write "embellie" on box (smell)
- glued on bottle cap that i'd previously created (touch of warm glue gun in my hand)
- rounded up unused some bottle caps and closed box (touch ~ picking caps up)
- shook the box (hear)
So I wonder what the challenge will be next week ....