Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Inspire Me Thursday #3



Okay, I'll be the first to admit I did not enjoy the Inspire Me Thursday (IMT) challenge this week. It's very important to me that my art conveys a message of some significance, and when I saw the "senseless" challenge, I immediately thought of Jackson Pollack's drip paintings ~ senseless. So here's my artist process for this senseless piece ... I grabbed a piece of blue cardstock (about 2"x5") and packing tape. Next I stuck the packing tape sticky side down on my work table. By doing so, I collected bits and pieces of paper that were sitting there. Yep, I think it's senseless.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I think this is just marvellous!! And in complete keeping with the spirit of the theme, which I have to say had *me* stumped and I didn't even try it! So, good for you - and I think the result and the way you went about it is brilliant :-)

Hugs, Lolly xxx

Anonymous said...

Dawn, you are an amazing artist, and I'm so glad we swapped, but, I have to admit, I'm glad I didn't recieve this! (although, it is a bit interesting the more you look at it, isn't it? lol) Maybe my art appreciation isn't what it should be. It's all in the eye of the beholder. Someone out there probably would love it!
You just keep doing what you do best! Good to challenge yourself though. The experience enough was worth the effort. So, I guess in a way, it isn't really "senseless" at all.

navylane said...

Dawn, to answer your question about the flickr group: first upload your image to your account as usual, then click on 'organize' at the top of the page, then click on the groups tab on the right of the page. you can then drag and drop the images to the group pool... I hope that makes sense? Thanks for participating!