Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Misfit ART

Sarah gave us an interesting assignment for our Soul Journals. We were to do a 2 page spread about a time we felt like a misfit. Using a permanent marker, I doodled over the page (without trying to think about how the end product would be). After all my scribbles were done, I tried to find characters. This is what I ended up with.

I liked the drawing process ~ the characters turned out really interesting, I think. I'll be trying this drawing exercise again, but I don't think I'll go with the misfit theme ~maybe I'll draw some "Super Sad Heroes".

2 comments:

Kathryn Costa said...

I love your Misfit Art. You have inspired me. I was struggling with this exercise and you have shown me how cool it can really be. Many thanks!

Oh, you are most welcome to visit my house and even move in to one of the houses in my neighborhood! Let me know which house in the neighborhood you like best! ;)

I have been having a blast with the Soul Journaling. I plan on continuing a weekly prompt for myself. I can't imagine starting this journal and not continuing it.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
k

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I struggled wit that one too... Ended up doing my own thing. I much prefer the super hero idea..keeps it light.