Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Salami anyone?


It's late, and I really should be going to sleep because I have to get up early to work tomorrow. However, I just wanted to share something with you.

Years ago a neighbour told me about making homemade luncheon meat, but until recently, I didn't have a desire to try making it myself. Well if you live in Canada, you'll know why the sudden interest in making my own lunch meat.

Yesterday made some salami. Well, at least I started making it yesterday; but it is a bit of a process. First I had to cure overnight in the refrigerator. Then this afternoon, I boiled the rolls for an hour, drained them, re-wrapped them, then back into the fridge they went for the night. (Oh, by the way, I put in only half the salt that the recipe called for because I find most commercial salami wayyy too salty).

It'll be fun tomorrow to see how my salami turns out.

2 comments:

Kel said...

Fascinating!!!
Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Maija said...

Better safe---I'll be curious to read your review of the taste!