Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Sharing our hearts

After a long lull of creativity, I'm taking part in a Mixed Media Valentine Art Swap. This particular swap is made up of a group of eleven Canadian art friends. We are a group of diverse ages and talents. Many of us haven't even participated in an art swap before. We've just started opening our gifts ...

Day 1 featured artist is Mar. In creating the bookmarks she made for everyone, Mar took the "likes" of everyone into consideration. The one she made for me has a definite vintage feel to it. The little tags at the top of the bookmarks move which amuses me to no end. On the flip side of the bookmark, she added my name.

Day 2 featured artist is Holly, who just happens to be Arlene's sister. I would call Holly a master jewellery maker. Look at the intricate asymmetrical earrings she made for me ~ as you can see artistic flair must run in the family. These earrings (which are pearl, austrian crystals, pink quartz, and rhodolite and silver) are the most beautiful pair of danglelies I've ever owned. Unfortunately the photo doesn't do them justice.

Tomorrow, my friend Martha will be the featured artist.

3 comments:

martha brown said...

Those earrings are stunning!!! And the bookmark that Mar made for you is beautiful!

arlene said...

Holly says your ear rings are pearl, austrian crystals, pink quartz, and rhodolite and silver. They will tarnish so keep them in a bag.
All the hooks are nickel free and should not hurt anyones ears as they are sterling or silver plate.
Holly (on the phone to me) says she hopes everyone enjoys her gifts!

Merry said...

Beautiful earrings.